Introductory course in environmental psychology
Affiliation: University of California, Irvine
Lecturer: Professor Dan Stokols
Platform: Itunes U (Windows user can access through Itunes)
Link: Environmental Psychology – PPD151 / PSYBEH171S / PUBHLTH151
- Introduction to environmental psychology and course overview.
- Applying principles of environmental psychology to the analysis and resolution of community problems.
- Historical origins and Major assumptions of ecological paradigm.
- Principles of system theory, physiological and psychological stress
- Environment cognition
- Environment and personality
- Environment and Evaluation
- Human Spatial Behaviour
- Promoting Environmentally Protective behaviour
- Responding to the environment
- The influence of environmental design on social interaction
- Applying environmental psychology principles to Urban Design
- Design guidelines for home, offices, classroom and hospitals.
- Design guidelines for residential neighbourhoods and planned communities.
- Natural environment and restorative settings.
- Virtual environment – The environment psychology of the internet
- Social structural approach to the environmental change
- Evaluating environmental intervention.
Thank you, Claire, for sharing this resource with us!
Want to also share your resource with us? Click here.